Roundhouse Radio 98.3, Vancouver’s newest commercial radio station, is looking for a full-time Account Executive with a hunger to reach goals, build connections, and develop a career. If you have sales experience, preferably in media sales, and the drive to introduce Vancouver businesses to the benefits of advertising with Roundhouse Radio, we’d like to hear from you.
For more information, contact: Jennifer Smith, Vice President & General Sales Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Promotions/Street Team Staff
Roundhouse Radio 98.3 – Vancouver, BC
Will you be the next addition to the Roundhouse Radio street team?
If you consider yourself a people person with an outgoing and fun personality that thrives in social environments, then we want you! As a member of the Roundhouse Radio street team you will be an ambassador for the radio station within the community, as well as at various station and client events.
- Reflect a positive image of the company and it’s values
- Provide onsite set up and take down (as required)
- Execute onsite promotions through Ipads/mobile devices and other means
- Educate consumers on Roundhouse Radio’s content/daily shows
- Provide consumers with a memorable experience
- Must be a self starter who is able to work with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude with strong communications skills
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty (lifting boxes, banners etc.)
- Level headed in high pressure situations
- Must have previous promotional experience
- And most importantly, not afraid to make some noise!
This position is a part-time opportunity that will include weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Check out our social media and see if you’re a good fit for our team!
How to apply?
If you're inspired by our brand and believe you can personify us best, please send us a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com explaining why you are a fun and outgoing person that lives and breathes the Vancouver culture.
Roundhouse Radio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
- Street Team Experience: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Drivers License (Class 5)
Duties & Skills include:
- Collaborates with the hosts and PD in the development of show flow, clocks, topic ideas, and segments.
- Delegates to Producer Assistants the sourcing, booking and greeting of guests (whether in person or by phone).
- Creates preliminary draft outlines or show briefings. Hosts are expected to complete in their own style.
- Researches future city events and possible interviewees while maintaining robust “idea bank / rolodex calendar”.
- Liase with News Director and other producers to identify and chase developing stories for the day.
- Records and edits clips, interviews, segments and calls, when feasible. When time does not allow seek help from production.
- Contributes to and makes use of an archive of audio resources which can be re-used.
- Checks that copyrights are cleared and understands basic media law.
- Has read and complies with RHR Editorial & Social Media Guidelines
- Works with host and music director to select music and/or provide background, and with news director to be informed about daily newscasts.
- On-air: may be called in to converse with hosts, or lead an interview.
- May be requested to train in operating the control room board.
- Identifies, with input from hosts and board operators, highlights for “Best Of” Show/segments that may be repeated on-air or made available as on-demand web content via streaming and/or download.
- Contributes daily to RHR social media.
- Responds to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary
- Generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences.
- Have excellent writing and storytelling skills, with the ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms.
- Be able to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios.
- Have excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience, along with the ability to build rapport and draw information from people.
- Be able to coach and develop others
- Have the confidence and tenacity to pursue information, overcome obstacles and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of the subjects relevant to news and leisure topics.
- Be able to work calmly effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Have strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling - and, ideally, audio editing and image manipulation software
- Working with hosts and advertising team to develop stories and potential sales leads.
- Must be incredibly well organized and work well with others!